You’ve met Dustin, and Trisha, two of our premier project managers. This week, we want to introduce you to Fahad, an up-and-coming Tepia worker who joined through our team recently and made his way into an indispensable part of the company. Here’s Fahad, in his own words.
1. What's your earliest tech memory?
My earliest memory is being in the computer lab at my elementary school where I needed to do a project in Visual Basics for my Computer Science subject. After I did some work in a few days, I installed a very old version of the game called Grand Theft Auto (GTA) on that computer and my classmates also enjoyed it.
2. What's your day to day like?
On a typical Monday morning, I usually begin by going over the list of the previous week. This way I can set up my priorities. I review the status of the projects that I'm currently working on and I try to finish any pending work if present. I try to make sure that all the work assigned to me is moving forward and without any glitches.
3. Developers are superstitious, and so are engineers. Do you have a favourite computer superstition or ritual that probably doesn't work - but you still do it anyway?
Yes, my favorite superstition that doesn't work but I still do at first is: Clean build will fix the compiler errors in Xcode.
4. How did you end up working at Tepia?
I applied not too long ago, started a project with Tepia and did my best to achieve the goals, then discussed the full-time opportunity and got the offer.
5. What's your favourite project that you've worked on so far?
My favorite project is Subtle Alliance! I needed to work on location tracking of the user, and I really enjoyed working on this part.
6. What's the office culture like?
Tepia’s office culture is super flexible! Everyone has their own value, transparency, diversity, absence of office politics, and ongoing professional development opportunities. We also celebrate wins together and value everyone's opinions.
7. What's your ultimate dream-big project - the one you're working towards, the one that'll blow all the other projects out of the water?
The world has changed now and we have Artificial Intelligence to work on and create something that'll help people understand their life values, their time management and their to-dos as well as many other lifestyle things, so my big dream project is to work on a project that'll somehow use Artificial Intelligence to make people's lives easier.